Skip to main content

Carol

My neighbor Carol is OLD. Sometimes I think she has a youth elixir that keeps her living. I also think she is part amphibian. Once it was around eighty degrees out and she was wearing a long sleeve shirt, a sweater, a jacket, and a coat outside. Carol is also creepy. She stands outside on the edge of her lawn and stares at us freakily as we ride by on our bikes with that vulture stature. You know, the hunched shoulders, that evil look in her eye. I can see her as a witch, boiling things like rats' teeth and snake bones in a cauldron in her basement. She has even given us some apples that looked like they had been through some sort of horrific science experiments! Carol sneaks up on people too. Once my sister Bethany was minding her own business coloring with chalk when she heard, "Yawant some grapes?" in that gravelly tone of hers. Carol had snuck up on her once again. I hope her youth elixir runs out soon.


                                                                              by Abigail Strong

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! lol! I hope Carol doesn't read this (: but I'm sure glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Abigail! You made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Upends our State

On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 high school students involved in the BPA Club (Business , Professionals of America) gathered from all across the state of Montana for the award ceremony at the Billings Convention Center. They had spent the last two days competing in their various areas of expertise. My two sons, Elijah and Cullen, were part of a four person video production team that had worked countless hours this school year filming, editing, designing, and producing their video. Three of the four members of this team had worked tirelessly last year in 2019 to produce a high quality video and they walked away from state with 3rd place. This year, 2020, they were determined to take 1st or 2nd place and make it all the way to nationals. Guess what? They did! They were a bit shocked to hear first place and then their names announced. What an honor and now they were on their way to compete at nationals in Washington D.C. this May. Yes, this was what they'd worked so hard for - for a

Pros and cons of social distancing

    There are many pros and cons to social distancing. Some pros are getting  to stay in touch with friends even though you cant see them. You also have lots of time to be outside and go on hikes, I also like getting to hang out with family and play fun bored games.     Some cons of social distancing would be not getting to go to youth group and church, but at least we can watch church online, another con is not getting to see your friends, but again at least we can text or facetime them.These are a few of my thoughts on what some pros and cons are. Jayden

Motorcycle Mischief

                                               I'm writing this story about my dad because I thought it was funny and very clever. When my dad was about six years old, he and his older brother (my uncle) played a trick on their mother (my grandma) by using a mini Honda motorcycle. My dad wasn't allowed to ride the motorcycle because he was to young. When his mom was washing dishes, they knew she would be looking out the sink's window. They turned on the motorcycle behind the house, put it in neutral and my dad's brother gave him a strong push so it looked like he was riding the motorcycle past the window his mom was looking out. Grandma definitely saw him riding the motorcycle (as so it seemed) and raced out the door yelling, "Jeffrey! Get off that motorcycle right now!" Dad and his brother started laughing as they explained to her that it was a trick and that the motorcycle wasn't in gear. They sure had given their mother a fright!   by, Olivia Heidn