Skip to main content

Different Views of Spring

     
                                                         (Olivia and Chloe) 

            Spring is a fun season for both me and my cat. We both view it differently. I'll start with my cat. First, her name is Chloe. Each day, she dreams that I will let her outside to frolic in the green grass and murder one or two or three birds, just like the good old days. Let me tell you, it got old of seeing feathers on our lawn- even worse was cleaning up the mess. You know, dead birds can't clean up after themselves. Chloe has a mind of her own. She expects someone will do what she says. Whatever that is. After I stopped releasing my cat to do as she pleased- kill animals, leave her messes on people's yards, (that includes dead animals) and trespass in backyards- I decided what she does want. TO GO OUTSIDE! It makes sense. Spring is when the birds, bunnies and mice like to tantalize the predator who can't kill them. My cat wants revenge. I think it's pure entertainment watching my cat tease a half-dead mouse or try to get high enough to catch a flying bird. BUT my neighbor asked us not to let her out any more.You probably are wondering, how is Spring a fun season for the cat that can't enjoy herself hunting animals that are practically kitty cat deserts anymore? I think it's fun for her to be so close to birds hopping around on our patio. She gets really excited to have the opportunity to spy on moving, feathery, flying, creatures-who can't see her! However, that is probably the only reason why. I can tell she wants to go outside again. I've kept her inside our house for the last three years, but occasionally she tries escape. She isn't used to being outside. She could get hit by a car, and I would rather not take the risk. 
         Anyway, I LOVE Spring because there is usually a change in weather after a cold winter. There aren't whole lot of mosquitoes out like in summer and the grass starts to turn green. The rain comes and makes the earth smell fresh and crisp. Each morning, I wake up to birds chirping. After school, my Spring time hobbies include tent building, walks, and hanging out in a tree. If Chloe stayed around our house outside, then she would do all the things I'd do. Instead she watches me have fun outside without her. April's fools and Easter are two of my favorite holidays that take place in spring. Thank you, Jesus, for Spring!  
-Olivia 








      









                            

Comments

  1. Olivia I love the pictures! Your cat is beautiful. What a fun and energetic piece on springtime and your cat. Your writing is descriptive and has your voice in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Upends our State

On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 high school students involved in the BPA Club (Business , Professionals of America) gathered from all across the state of Montana for the award ceremony at the Billings Convention Center. They had spent the last two days competing in their various areas of expertise. My two sons, Elijah and Cullen, were part of a four person video production team that had worked countless hours this school year filming, editing, designing, and producing their video. Three of the four members of this team had worked tirelessly last year in 2019 to produce a high quality video and they walked away from state with 3rd place. This year, 2020, they were determined to take 1st or 2nd place and make it all the way to nationals. Guess what? They did! They were a bit shocked to hear first place and then their names announced. What an honor and now they were on their way to compete at nationals in Washington D.C. this May. Yes, this was what they'd worked so hard for - for a

Pros and cons of social distancing

    There are many pros and cons to social distancing. Some pros are getting  to stay in touch with friends even though you cant see them. You also have lots of time to be outside and go on hikes, I also like getting to hang out with family and play fun bored games.     Some cons of social distancing would be not getting to go to youth group and church, but at least we can watch church online, another con is not getting to see your friends, but again at least we can text or facetime them.These are a few of my thoughts on what some pros and cons are. Jayden

Motorcycle Mischief

                                               I'm writing this story about my dad because I thought it was funny and very clever. When my dad was about six years old, he and his older brother (my uncle) played a trick on their mother (my grandma) by using a mini Honda motorcycle. My dad wasn't allowed to ride the motorcycle because he was to young. When his mom was washing dishes, they knew she would be looking out the sink's window. They turned on the motorcycle behind the house, put it in neutral and my dad's brother gave him a strong push so it looked like he was riding the motorcycle past the window his mom was looking out. Grandma definitely saw him riding the motorcycle (as so it seemed) and raced out the door yelling, "Jeffrey! Get off that motorcycle right now!" Dad and his brother started laughing as they explained to her that it was a trick and that the motorcycle wasn't in gear. They sure had given their mother a fright!   by, Olivia Heidn