Skip to main content

My Cat-Dog


My Cat- Dog
by Olivia
I’m on a case to figure out if I own cat-dog. I think my cat is turning into one! Here’s my evidence so far. My Chloe (that’s my cat’s name) often scratches at the door to be let out. “Squirrel! Squirrel!” she tells me. At first, I don’t believe her. I decide to check it out. “I declare! There really is a squirrel!” I tell her. Sometimes, she pulls herself along a carpeted floor with her front paws. I bet she’s too in love with the floor to leave it. I’ve seen my cousin’s corgi do something like that before, except I don’t think he was in love with the floor.
I have another suspicion. My cat-dog chases her tail! I’ve definitely seen a dog do that. Well, I guess she doesn’t chase her tail, but she does bite it! Sometimes she even growls at it. “Ooh! Ooh!” she tells me. “My tail is moving! It’s wiggling! It’s so exciting! I must get it! I must get it! I’m a cat-dog so I must catch my tail!”
This is so weird for me. It must stop. Hmm. Perhaps, No…. Wait………Yes! I’ve got it! (not my tail) If my cat is turning dog, then I should pretend she is one! Yep! Hang on, I need to make a trip to the pet store. Alright. Let’s try this. I have never owned a dog, but I have seen how my friends take care of theirs.
“Here girl!” I tell my new dog. “Go get it!” she doesn’t get it. “Go get the new rubber ball I bought for you!” Ugg. At least she sort-of went after it. I guess this dog can’t play fetch. This changes my thoughts. I guess I should try the two other things I bought at the pet store……
“Come girl!” Let’s try out this new collar and leash! I found my dog and put on her collar and leash. “Let’s go for a walk!” I tell her. I tug on the leash. She stays put. I tug on it again. Nope. That darn dog. On my last tug she flopped down on her side and WOULD NOT BUDGE! That’s it. I’m done. Outta ideas. I obviously still have a cat…. She’s just…strange. Well, I have to return the leash, collar, and rubber ball I bought! Case closed.      

Comments

  1. We call that species a cog. Good job! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Good dog, good cat-dog" (quote from Secret Life of Pets). Funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woof! Meow! Moof! You made me laugh and giggle with your creativity and funny story!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Upends our State

On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 high school students involved in the BPA Club (Business , Professionals of America) gathered from all across the state of Montana for the award ceremony at the Billings Convention Center. They had spent the last two days competing in their various areas of expertise. My two sons, Elijah and Cullen, were part of a four person video production team that had worked countless hours this school year filming, editing, designing, and producing their video. Three of the four members of this team had worked tirelessly last year in 2019 to produce a high quality video and they walked away from state with 3rd place. This year, 2020, they were determined to take 1st or 2nd place and make it all the way to nationals. Guess what? They did! They were a bit shocked to hear first place and then their names announced. What an honor and now they were on their way to compete at nationals in Washington D.C. this May. Yes, this was what they'd worked so hard for - for a

Pros and cons of social distancing

    There are many pros and cons to social distancing. Some pros are getting  to stay in touch with friends even though you cant see them. You also have lots of time to be outside and go on hikes, I also like getting to hang out with family and play fun bored games.     Some cons of social distancing would be not getting to go to youth group and church, but at least we can watch church online, another con is not getting to see your friends, but again at least we can text or facetime them.These are a few of my thoughts on what some pros and cons are. Jayden

Motorcycle Mischief

                                               I'm writing this story about my dad because I thought it was funny and very clever. When my dad was about six years old, he and his older brother (my uncle) played a trick on their mother (my grandma) by using a mini Honda motorcycle. My dad wasn't allowed to ride the motorcycle because he was to young. When his mom was washing dishes, they knew she would be looking out the sink's window. They turned on the motorcycle behind the house, put it in neutral and my dad's brother gave him a strong push so it looked like he was riding the motorcycle past the window his mom was looking out. Grandma definitely saw him riding the motorcycle (as so it seemed) and raced out the door yelling, "Jeffrey! Get off that motorcycle right now!" Dad and his brother started laughing as they explained to her that it was a trick and that the motorcycle wasn't in gear. They sure had given their mother a fright!   by, Olivia Heidn